We have a small car park outside the main reception on 23 Commercial Road. We also have a rear car parking area. In general, you can always pull up in our main reception car park to drop off or visit the shop, where you can expect everyone to be cool if you are blocking anyone in. We can also show you where our rear spaces are and other parking options when we are exceptionally busy. Essentially, you can rock up, and we will help you if you cannot find a good parking space.
New faces are always welcome
If this is the first time, the first thing to know is that we will do all we can to make you feel valued and welcome, no matter your age, ability or background. You should come down for a free tour and introduction to who we are and what we do. You'll soon see there was absolutely nothing to worry about.
- If you are under 16 we will need your parent/guardian to register you and sign the necessary forms.
- Under 10s must be accompanied by an adult.
Skatepark Questions & Answers
Can I just turn up on the day for a session / Do we have to book to use the Skatepark?
Ideally, you can book, but it is possible to pay at the door if we still have space. We strongly recommend you book for all weekend clubs which tend to be popular.
Can I/ we pay with cash at the door?
Yes, you can, but you cannot reserve your space online and pay for it at the door. Booking online is advance advised to avoid disappointment
Do I need to fill in the admission form every time?
Yes- every time you book a session, a new disclaimer form needs to be completed for each participant. This is done automatically via the booking system for the participants. Parents will also need to sign our disclaimer, which can be done at the door as parents are not considered participants.
How old does my child need to be to be left unattended?
A parent / Guardian must be on site if your child is under 10. This age restriction may be changed during special events.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
We strongly recommend everyone should wear full protective equipment at all times. However, it is only compulsory for under 16's.
Do you hire safety equipment?
We currently offer helmet hire for £3 per person. We also have limited availability of scooters and skateboards - Please call to confirm.
What can we ride in the skatepark?
Skateboards/scooters / BMX's / in-line skates/roller skates - No motor-driven rides allowed or 3-wheeled scooters.
What is the minimum age my kids can come into the skatepark?
Our minimum participant age restriction is four years old; however, we advise that you ensure young participants are fully competent and comfortable and use the skatepark for its intended use, as you should not go the ramps with them. We advise our younger or inexperienced riders to attend a beginner's or under 13s session. We have skate and scoot clubs on weekends (check the timetable for more information).
Is there somewhere I can watch?
Yes, there is seating and areas where you can sit or stand and spectate. We will do our best to make you comfortable and welcome.
Do you have cafe facilities on site?
Yes, we have a great cafe facility.
Private Hire the entire skatepark on any Saturday or Sunday;
17:15-19:00 = £150
19:15-21:00 = £150
Visit our private hire page for more information.
You can bring your food or order some takeaway pizzas - it’s all yours and entirely up to you!
We also have an awesome cafe on site that you can pre-arrange for us to do the food.
When you privately hire the skatepark, we can provide you with our on-site cafe for all your catering needs, or you can bring your own food & drinks.
If you would like the benefit of our Café service, we would require a £60 deposit. The deposit works as credit towards your parties' food & drinks and enables us to staff the cafe. Alternatively, we are happy for you to bring your food & drinks, and we can lock up the cafe space.
Please note that your deposit is non-refundable. This ensures we can pay the staff to be there. Your deposit can be used towards food and drinks and we will charge you at the end of the private hire for any excess orders that take the value beyond your £60 credit/deposit. Any credit is nontransferable or refundable.
Do you offer any tuition sessions?
Yes, we offer Skateboarding beginner-friendly sessions every Monday or Wednesday from 16:30-19:00.
These sessions are currently £10, including specialist coaching/instructor (s). We cater for absolute beginners and all ages from 4 years old up to around 60!
Can you turn up anytime during beginners' friendly sessions?
Yes, you can, although I would recommend coming 16:30 sharp for the skateboarding sessions so you don't miss the vital stages. Please be on time for Scooter Class If you are reasonably ok then you can certainly turn up a bit late and just get amongst it with a bit of help here and there.
We offer a beginner-friendly skateboard session called “Skate Club”, which is a fun skateboard-only*, family-friendly session for under 12s and parents. This is every Saturday from 09:00-11:00.
We also offer a beginner-friendly scooter session called “Scoot Club”, which is a fun skateboard-only*, family-friendly session for under 12s and parents. This is every Sunday from 09:00-11:00.
Do you do 1:1 sessions?
1:1 sessions cost £25 per hour. Alternatively, you could bring your child to our absolute beginners class which is every Monday 4:30-7pm.
Book via primeskatepark.com
Do you hire equipment or should we bring our own?
Yes, we offer helmet hire for £2 per person and £5 for scooters. We also have up to 10 skateboards that we offer free of charge.
UNDER 16s must wear a helmet which we also strongly advise to all users.
What should I wear?
Ideally, you will be wearing flat, grippy shoes. Tip: Avoid running shoes or thick soles, as you will have less stability and control.
Our general aim is to provide a positive safer environment where everyone can interact and help with each other’s self-development, fitness, and general well-being. Prime Skatepark is a place of positivity. To assist our general aims, we have a few basic park rules to make/keep Prime safer and fun for everyone.
You must be familiar with Skatepark Etiquette - LEARN HERE
- Everyone must always respect the staff and all other users. Bullying in any form WILL NOT be tolerated.
- You must ask for an induction if you are new or inexperienced.
- Accidents & Antisocial behaviour must be reported to staff.
- No food or drink is to be consumed on the ramps.
- Only food and drinks bought on site can be consumed on site (exceptions given for private hire).
- No sitting on ramps or obstructing others.
- You must know your limitations.
- Do not attempt to ride ramps or perform any manoeuvres beyond your skill level.
- All equipment must be in good working order with no loose parts.
- Any participant who uses our or their equipment does so at their own risk.
- No running in the skate park.
- Only one person may ride a ramp/obstacle at one time. Wait your turn. No queue jumping.
- Spectators must stay in the designated areas and not climb on ramps or enter any recognised skate areas.
- All under 16’s MUST wear a helmet with the chinstrap done up when using the skate park area. Failure to do so could result in removal from the session.
- All users must recognise the high risk of injury they are exposed to in the various sports undertaken at Prime Skatepark, which can lead to injury or death.
- Only one person is allowed in the foam pin at any time.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Prime Skatepark is an ENTER-AT-OWN-RISK FACILITY
- Failure to follow any of the park rules may result in an immediate ban from participation and prohibition from future use without a refund.
- You are responsible for the equipment you are using. You must seek advice if you are unsure. Prime Skatepark accepts no responsibility for any injuries caused by unsuitable equipment. You are responsible for the equipment you bring to or borrow from Prime Skatepark, including safety equipment. Participants hiring equipment do so at their own risk. If you require a specific check on any equipment before hire, please get in touch with the Duty Manager on arrival.
- You are responsible for conducting an induction with our staff to discuss safety, skatepark etiquette and risks. Please request this on arrival.
- Prime Skatepark reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Bookings may only be refunded if we are informed 2 days before the booking date.
- Prime Skatepark operates a zero-tolerance Drugs & Alcohol Policy. Management has the right to “with cause” test visitors who consent or ask any visitor unwilling to consent to “with cause” testing to leave the premises if suspected of being under the influence or showing signs of substance abuse, which is in line with this policy.
- At least 1 parent / guardian must be on site if their child is under the age of 10 years old. We do not accept any responsibility for parents that leave their children unattended at any time.
Prime Skatepark is an ENTER-AT-OWN-RISK FACILITY
Prime Skatepark cannot accept any responsibility for injury caused whilst using the elements and equipment always provided that nothing in this document limits any liability which cannot legally be limited including (but not limited to) liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
- Is aware of the risk they are exposed to during the activity and that it can lead to injury or death,
- Is aware and accepts the risks involved and accepts they are responsible for their actions and/or involvement,
- Is fit and capable of participating,
- Regarding participants under 16 years of age, all registration forms are countersigned by a parent or guardian.
Any participant who uses our or their equipment does so at their own risk.
Users of the skate area should know their limitations and not attempt to ride ramps or perform any manoeuvres beyond their skill level.
All equipment must be in good working order with no loose parts.
No skating anywhere not specifically designated for it.
You engage in any activities at your own risk.
There is a serious risk of injury and potential death from the activities and services offered by Prime Skatepark CIO
We strongly recommend satisfactory safety equipment to be worn by all participants, including helmets, wrist guards, and kneepads and children under the age of 16 MUST always wear a helmet.
If you engage in the activities without a protective helmet, you do so at your own risk.
You are advised that using our facilities without wearing a full set of protective gear increases the risk of personal injury and potentially death in the event of an accident.
Please note that activities at Prime Skatepark CIO are not recommended for persons with any medical issues, I.e., heart, back or neck conditions, or pregnant people. If you suffer from health problems, illness, or pregnancy, please consult your doctor for medical advice before visiting any Prime Skate Park.
Please take a moment to read and familiarise yourself with our Terms & Conditions, as these apply to all people using PRIME Skatepark. They can be found in several locations in the shop and park areas and change from time to time, and by signing into PRIME Skatepark, you acknowledge and understand the latest version of the T&Cs and accept them.
We would love to meet you for a free tour & introduction to Prime Plymouth!
Prime Delux Store is always open to the public. Everything you see on our website is in stock and available to purchase, ship or click & collect.